Explore the world recipes
SHARE,SAVE or SUbmit
- Add the shredded coconut to a large stockpot over medium-high heat and lightly toast it. Remove to a small bowl and set aside.
- In the same pot, add vegetable oil, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves, green chilies and the rice. Saute until the rice starts to brown, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the coconut milk, stir and mix well.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander, cashews and peanuts.
- Season with salt, garnish with the toasted coconut and transfer to a serving bowl.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-2 green chilies
- 250 gms Laila Jasmine rice
- 1 can Chaokoh’s coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 50 grams roughly chopped cashews
- 150 gms peanuts
- 40 grams shredded coconut (for garnishing)