- Flour ½ cup
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Baking powder ¼ tsp
- Cocoa powder 1-1/2 tbsp
- Butter 4 tbsp
- Vanilla essence ½ tsp
- Chopped chocolate 1 cup
- Coffee powder
- Eggs 2
- Brown sugar ¾ cup
- Preheat oven to 180 degree°C
- Grease and flour an 8” square pan and line with paper and grease it well too.
- In a bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- Mix and keep aside.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Place butter in the bowl and let it melt.
- Remove the bowl from the simmering water and stir in the coffee powder and chopped chocolate and stir till chocolate melts completely.
- Whisk in eggs and add the vanilla essence before adding the sugar.
- Mix well.
- Mix in the flour cocoa powder mixture until no trace of flour is left, using a wooden spoon.
- Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
- Stores in an airtight container.