- Rice - 1.5 cups
- Moong Dal - 1 cup
- Spinach - 1 bunch (chopped)
- Onion - 1/4 (finely chopped)
- Garlic - 3 (minced)
- Ginger - 1" piece (minced)
- Tomato - 1 (chopped)
- Green Chillies - 2 (minced)
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Ghee/ Oil - 1 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Wash and soak the rice and dal for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- Next add the onion, garlic and ginger. Fry till it becomes soft.
- Add the tomato, green chilly, turmeric powder and fry for a minute.
- Next add the chopped spinach and cook till it wilts.
- Add the rice, dal, 5 cups of water and required salt.
- Pressure cook for 2-3 whistles or transfer to a rice cooker and cook till done.
- Serve this warm and comforting meal with some papad and pickle.