- 280g Laila Chakki Atta Whole Wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup sourdough starter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup of water
- In a large bowl combine the flour sugar and salt.
- Mix in the oil and starter adding water – do this 2 to 3 tablespoons at a time – and knead until the dough is elastic and soft
- Grease a large bowl and place the dough inside, turning to coat.
- Cover with a towl and allow it to double in volume
- Punch down and take a lemon sized ball of dough and roll it into a 6 inch circle the thickness of two tortillas.
- Cover with a damp cloth and allow to rest for 15 minutes
- Heat a cast iron griddle and place a formed pita onto it, cooking on one side until dough puffs.