A simple, colourful dish, with curry bursting with flavours! Simmered in a spice-filled curry paste the vegetables seem to come alive in a cadence of their own! An easy recipe for family get-togethers or those grand outings!
- Soak the rice in cold water for approximately 45 minutes.
- Boil water in a pan, add the soaked rice and cook for 20 minutes.
- Put the rice on a low gas and cover with a wet tea towel and the lid. This will steam the rice resulting in a fluffy texture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan and sauté the chopped onion gently for 10 minutes until golden brown
- Add the remaining vegetables and stir together
- Add the Laila Curry Paste and simmer gently for 25 to 30 minutes, without overcooking the vegetables
- If the sauce becomes too thick, add a little water for desired consistency
- Serve hot with the Laila Basmati Rice.
- 1 cup Laila Basmati Rice
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1/2 butternut squash, diced
- 100gm mushrooms, quartered
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 150gm broccoli, broken into florets
- Laila Curry Paste