Light and vibrant brown rice salad with tofu is your perfect healthy first course meal. Set the tone for your dinner party with this sure-to-impress piquant starter. You can even serve it wrapped in tortilla but don’t forget to warm it up before serving.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked rice, tomatoes, red onion, olives and tofu.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, sugar and salt.
- Pour dressing over rice mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve.
- 2 cups Laila brown rice (cooked)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 (2 1/4 oz) can olives (sliced)
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 200 gm cubed tofu
- 2 tbsp fresh basil