For a spicy kick from the Caribbean, why not give Caribbean rice and black bean salad a try? This simple, tasty and flavoursome delicacy is a great companion on hot, summery days! To lend an authentic island taste, cook it in coconut oil and squeeze lime juice over rice and beans.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, cumin and garlic until well blended.
- Season it with salt and pepper as per the taste and add in some sugar if you find the dressing too strong.
- In a medium bowl, combine rice, black beans and green onions; add and toss in enough dressing to moisten.
- Can be made several hours ahead. Cover and chill.
- 2 1/2 cups cooked Laila long grain rice (cooled)
- 500 gm black beans
- ¾ cup green onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic (freshly minced)
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)