Whether it’s a breakfast, lunch or a snack, sandwiches are perfect comfort foods. Not only are they healthy but also tasty inclusions to your diet. Try our cheesy cucumber triple-decker sandwich, which is easy to make and keeps you satiated for longer. You may also have it in different versions by wrapping it in pita bread and stuffing more veggies.
- Let the cucumber slices dry on a plate and keep aside.
- Mix the cheese, mint, celery and peppercorns in a hand blender.
- Stir in most of the chives and then spread the cheese mixture over 6 slices of bread. Arrange some cucumber slices over the cheese and reserve some for garnishing.
- Layer up 2 slices of cucumber-topped bread, then top with a plain slice.
- Repeat this procedure for two more cucumber-topped breads.
- Cut each triple-decker into two triangles and top with a cucumber slice.
- Garnish with the remaining chives to serve.
- 3 cucumbers (unpeeled, thinly sliced)
- 9 slices of whole-wheat bread (crustless)
- ¼ cup chives (finely chopped)
- ½ cup mint leaves (finely chopped)
- 150 gm soft cheese
- 1 tsp celery
- ½ tsp peppercorns (freshly ground)