Treat yourself with this Mediterranean delight – Lemon-Parsley Bean Salad – which is not just gluten-free and vegan but also deliciously wholesome. This vibrant, filling, crunchy, bean salad is loaded with kidney beans, chickpeas and other veggies and tossed in herbs. Packed with protein and brimming with garlicky and zesty flavours, it can be mixed with Laila brown rice or served well with freshly baked pita breads straight from the oven and hummus dip. And a good news, it’s ideal for lunch boxes as it can be prepared well in advance and stored in refrigerator.
- In a large salad bowl, combine red kidney beans, chickpeas, onion, cucumber, celery, parsley and mint.
- To prepare the dressing, combine olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt and red chili flakes in a small bowl and give it a good stir.
- Pour this dressing over bean and veggies mixture. Gently toss to combine.
- You may choose to serve it immediately or let it settle in the refrigerator for an hour or two before serving.
- Make it a wholesome meal by stirring in cooked and cooled Laila brown rice for that lend nutty flavour.
For Bean Salad
- 1 cup Laila Red Kidney Beans (boiled)
- ½ cup Laila Chickpeas (boiled)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 1 cucumber (peeled, cored and diced)
- ½ cup parsley (freshly chopped)
- 1 tbsp mint (freshly chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves (finely pressed or minced)
- salt (to taste)
- A pinch of red chili flakes (crushed)